Dermatologists and beauty experts always stress that we must never step out of the house without sunscreen on. Wait...even when indoors, we should still be wearing some sort of guard from the harsh UV rays emitted by lightings and our computer screens! Eep!
Duing high school and my early days in college, I wanted to wear sunscreen but the heaviness and sticky state of available blockers kept me from using them religiously. There were lightweight formulations, but none of them, as far as I knew back then, were water/sweat resistant/proof. I sweat easily and I thought what's the use...sunscreen would just probably slide off my face the moment I started sweating.
Note: okay, I know! We should reapply sunscreen every few hours, regardless of them being waterproof! But I wear makeup to school. I did not have the luxury of time to take off my makeup, reapply sunscreen, and then reapply makeup in between breaks!
Okay, I'm talking way too much! Anyway, I am glad that there is an increasing number of widely available, affordable, lightweight, and longer lasting sunscreens in the market. Enter my current favorite blocker: Belo SunExpert SPF 40 for the face!
This is my second tube. As a rule, I review products I have used long enough to really see how good or bad they are. :p
It has a flip top cap, so you can control how much product to dispense, and at the same time, it's hygienic. Should you have a bottle that is almost empty, do take out the cap and scoop some product out using cotton swabs. Doing so should give you 4 or 5 more applications of sunscreen. Say no to product wastage! :)
Some points to consider:
- Higher SPF does not always mean better. Sure, they may protect you better, but not there shouldn't really be much of a difference between SPF30 and SPF 100 in terms of their ability to block out harsh UV rays. Well, that's what I have read! =) I'm willing to be corrected on this! =)
- To get the maximum benefits of wearing sunscreen, we should use the recommended amount. I think it's 1 shotglass for every body part. Whoa. I can't imagine slathering that much goop on my face. And at that rate, I'd probably finish a bottle of sunscreen within a week. Soooo yeah, I don't really follow that guideline. I just make sure I apply a reasonable amount on my face. This is no time to scrimp on products, ladies and gents! Apply liberally, with the amount you're still comfortable with. No use wearing sunscreen if it could barely form a barrier on top of your skin, or if it makes you sweat buckets due to a very thick application. Anyway, enough ramblings. =))
(the product when dispensed)
(have to blend very well)
(when fully blended)
It does get a little bit hard to blend so make sure you apply in layers, just like in foundations. Apply too much and you risk having the dreaded white cast!
Set around 3-5 minutes for it to sink in before applying your makeup.
Overall: a nice facial sunscreen for every day wear
- fragrance free
- goes on light
- water resistant
- high enough SPF of 30
- affordable at P299 per tube
- hypoallergenic and dermatologist tested
- made by a reputable company
- not as light as other light as water sunscreen (but still, it does not feel heavy!)
- I don't think this is heavy duty enough for the beach, or for sports use
- people who are looking for a no-fuss sunscreen for day to day activities
How much: P299 / 50ml tube
Will I repurchase? Nothing wrong with the product, so unless I find a new facial sunscreen worth checking out, YES, I will buy this again.
Where to buy: leading supermarkets and department storesRead More